Thursday, August 20, 2009

A NEW LEVEL OF IRRESPONSIBILITY Updated

I'm not a fan of MSNBC by a long shot. Chris 'Tingles' Matthews, Keith 'Ego' Olbermann, Rachel 'The Teabagger' Maddow are three of the main reasons why. I know I'm not alone in my assessment, because I've seen their ratings.

But I've never really had much issue with their hard news departments, aside from their rather selective reporting. Today they have managed to sink to a new low. It's breathtaking, really. From Ace of Spades HQ:

http://ace.mu.nu/archives/291110.php

Trying to gin up racial tension and paint the protesters as racists out to kill the president is beyond the pale, and whoever was responsible for editing and playing that clip, as well as the three useless idiots on camera crying racism should all be fired.

Our press have officially jumped the shark from news reportage to propaganda. There's no denying it now.

Oh, and you might not want to continue reading Ace's post after the second video clip. He goes off on a rather questionable rant about Contessa Brewer and her sexual proclivities. Needless to say, Ace is rather perturbed. Just a word of warning.

Exit Question: Did they really think no one would figure out the ruse?

I personally can't wait to see how they try to squirm out of this one....

UPDATE: The 'spin' is lamer than I thought it would be (via HotAir):

http://hotair.com/archives/2009/08/20/msnbc-on-race-baiting-gun-segment-um-we-were-speaking-generally/

I will say it again, heads should roll for this - both behind the scenes and in front of the cameras. If MSNBC won't do it themselves, the FCC should investigate.

No comments:

Post a Comment