Wednesday, November 4, 2009

SAVED AND CREATED OUT OF THIN AIR

I have an observation about all this jobs saved/created malarkey.

By the way, my personal favorite headline is from the Washington Examiner - "Stimulus saves nine out of every five jobs".

According to the White House, getting a raise is equal to saving your job now. I was under the impression that getting a raise is the ultimate indication that your job is already secure, but what do I know?

My favorite administration quote comes from HHS spokesman Luis Rosero: “If I give you a raise, it is going to save a portion of your job,”

How exactly does one lose a portion of their job? Can you be partially fired?

I'm starting to understand why there is so much talk about the legalization of marijuana lately. You have to be high to figure out what the hell these people are talking about.

But my real question is this - considering the highly creative accounting that is going on with this whole 'saved and created' shell game, does that mean that all of the people who have lost their jobs because of the horrendous decisions coming out of this administration and had their unemployment benefits extended under the stimulus now count as jobs created?

Seems par for the course, at this point.

After all, without that extension from the stimulus, they wouldn't have any money coming in at all, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment